Pressure Sensitive Adhesives
Pressure sensitive adhesives (PSA) contain rubber which allows high adhesion combined with flexibility. They provide a less brittle bond and can allow for movement. Example applications include:
- Plastic bottle labelling
- Mattress construction
- Side glueing for books and magazines
- Tube winding
- Cap wadding
- Tear tapes
At Interlock Adhesives, we have the expertise to help you find the right pressure sensitive adhesives to reduce costs by using less and lowering application temperatures. The three main types of applications we focus on are hot melt labelling, bookbinding side glue and pallet stabilisation.
It is important that pressure sensitive adhesives are used for PET (polyethene terephthalate) labelling as they are able to cope with any expansion from the product inside the bottles such as carbonated drinks. We have a range of PSAs which can lower your application temperatures to give you massive energy savings and improved safety.
- Reduced application temperature
- Low viscosity allows high machine speed
- High adhesion for reduced material usage
- Suitable for e.dot/nozzle application systems
- We offer adhesive grades that up to 98% can be removed for the recycling process
- Grades available suitable for PET bottle recycling systems
Side glue is an integral part of the bookbinding process. It is the part of the book that comes under the most pressure and therefore requires maximum flexibility and strength. These grades require rubber content which aids tack so that cover is held down even before the adhesive has fully set. Our side glue range includes pressure sensitive adhesives to cope with any difficult binding projects you may have and give you peace of mind for a high quality finish every time.
- Perfect bonding strength for all speeds and substrates
- Cleanest machinability
- High thermal stability
- Low density reducing overall consumption
- Complete product range covering all adhesive technologies for
improved efficiency and positive environmental impact
Pallet stabilisation is a cost effective and innovative method for stacking your pallets using pressure sensitive adhesives. The adhesive is applied to each unit and acts as a non-slip layer, securing the goods in place, stabilising for transit and reducing the damage to goods across the supply chain. If required the goods can easily be taken away from the pallet and restacked without any fibre tear or compromising the pallet stability. Hence why it is quickly becoming the preferred method of pallet packing.
- Reduces consumption of plastic wrap and pallet interlayers by up to 50%, reducing the overall cost
- Reducing plastic consumption and improving sustainability
- Scalable – can be applied via hand gun or with fully automated end-of-line equipment
- Typical applications include cases, sacks, bottles & cans
We can help. Adhesive experts.
Contact our glue specialists today.