Orkla – Temperature Reduction
Technomelt Supra 100 Cool Case Study
This case study is taken from a food producer where we were able to dramatically improve the adhesive part of the packing process. With many different product applications, it was key to use an adhesive that would cope with different substrates.
The result was very happy customer and a streamlined packaging process along with large savings.
Application: Case and Carton Sealing for powder soups and sauces
Adhesives: 3 different adhesives: 2x EVA, 1x mPo
Adhesive application equipment: A mix of tank-based systems with and without automatic feeders
- Optimal processing properties showing clean and precise application without stringing
- Lower adhesive consumption
- High adhesion properties and suitable for deep freeze
- Energy savings for application equipment and also the air conditioning in production area
- Increase operator safety by reducing risk of severe burns (application temperature from 180°C to 100°C)
Solution – Technomelt Supra 100 Cool
Using Technomelt Supra 100 Cool, this customer was able to achieve the goals outlined due to enhanced processability, operator safety and energy savings.
- Energy consumption (including air conditioning) was 1.2 kW/h when running at 180°C, now 0.7 kW/h achieving 42% energy reduction.
- A glue volume reduction of 21% from 50 tonnes per year to 39.5 tonnes
- Spare parts, the life expectancy for machine parts was doubled meaning a 50% reduction on spares purchased
- Processing properties, no stringing at all and zero adhesive related line stoppages since introduction
- No adhesive related health and safety incidences since introduction
- Machine start up time reduced from 50 minutes down to 20 minutes
We can help. Adhesive experts.
Contact our glue specialists today.