On our recent trip to the Henkel Adhesive technologies inspiration centre, we learnt about other areas that Henkel work in. One of which was the Smart Adult Care, where Henkel provide market leading adhesives to aid the care industry. This really caught our eye as it’s something you don’t often think about, and we thought we’d share it with you.
As the global population gets older, more than 10% of those aged 60 or above suffer from incontinence, which is more than 150 million people globally. Henkel, a leading supplier for adhesives and printed electronics, is partnering with MedTech to create and develop exciting, smart product solutions to help improve the quality of care and lives.
Teamed up, they have created Smart Adult Care, in which they have remodelled a standard diaper into an intelligent, connected medical device. This amazing step forward in technology is key into developing the future of patient centred care and smart hygiene services.
So how does it work?
The diaper comes with a lightweight and flexible printed sensor, which is integrated into the product design, as well as a reusable pod which is attached at the front and top of the diaper. This incredible device enables the remote monitoring of moisture, movement and temperature. Alerts are enabled through its own dedicated app installed on any smart device and is complete with an intuitive dashboard. This ground breaking piece of technology provides caregivers with valuable data and actionable advice and was also developed in line with medical grade safety standards.
The Smart Adult Care diaper will:
- Help to reduce 50% of chronic health problems by having faster response times
- Save costs and materials by reducing the number of diaper changes by 25%
- Save caregivers time on basic routines, giving them more time and energy to improve care quality, with up to 60 minutes saved per patient, per week
- Come with a monitoring app complete with intuitive traffic light system and customisable alerts
- Assist in improving the health and comfort of patients, reducing dermatitis and pressure sores by 50%For the patient, feel the same as wearing a normal incontinence product
- Save healthcare institutions time and money, with the reduction of diaper changes of up to 25/%Come with a dashboard operation from the web or an app. This enables monitoring of multiple patients
Smart Adult Care is part of Henkel’s Qhesive solutions and by combining their experience in material science and chemistry, with intelligent analytics, Henkel help to elevate and improve existing products and processes.